We all know the unpleasant symptoms of a sore throat. Scratchiness, burning and dryness! Tenderness when swallowing or talking!
Sore throats are common and are the reason for doctors’ visits all year round. Most of the time, a sore throat is nothing to worry about. Caused by minor illnesses or ailments, they usually resolve in a week. But, a sore throat can really dampen your day, and your spirits. There are time-tested remedies for easing the discomfort while you wait for your sore throat to run its course.
Depending on the cause of your sore throat, you might need medicine from your doctor. Regardless of the cause, you can use time-tested, home remedies to soothe your symptoms. The trick is to lubricate your throat and reduce inflammation.
- Use a humidifier to moisten the air
- Gargle with salt water or apple cider vinegar with water
- Drink warm tea with ginger, peppermint or chamomile
- Suck throat lozenges
Top five natural ingredients for soothing sore throats
Choose throat lozenges that contain proven, natural ingredients that have a comparable effect to that of synthetic ingredients but are safer to use. The top five to have are:
- Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra), which breaks down mucus and helps reduce phlegm
- Beleric (Terminalia belerica), which help suppress coughing
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) for its germ-killing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) because it reduces swelling
- Menthol (Mentha piperita), which has a cooling action that relieves irritation caused by coughing
These natural ingredients are some of Mother Nature’s best treatments for sore throats and have been used safely for years. You can find the special combination of these top five natural ingredients in Shaltoux natural lozenges. Get quick relief from your sore throat by sucking them throughout the day. They are safe for everyone, including children over the age of six.